Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Today has been another fun day at Josh and Tiffany's house. This morning to start the day I read a couple of books to Isabella. After that I got ready for the day. The grandchildren ran around playing with toys, having Tiffany, Ben, or Josh read stories to them or play with them. When Cambria went down for a nap, Josh turned on the movie "Wall-e" for Isabella (Bella) to watch for the hundredth or so time. One day before Kimberly, Ben, and I arrived she (Bella) watched "Wall-e" six times in a day. Tiffany has a bookshelf with six shelves on it that is filled with books. One of the first things Cambria (C.C.) does every morning is empty as many books off the shelves as she can. She also really loves books. When she wants you to read her a book, she puts the book above her head and says "k" which stands for book. Her mother Tiffany has gotten really good at reading books quite quickly. Tiffany doesn't read quickly all the time. Sometimes Tiffany reads at a normal pace, if she isn't trying to get something else done. Josh reads to and plays with the girls a lot. He probably doesn't do it all the time, but since it is Christmas vacation, he has more times and can do it more often. Benjamin is really good at playing with the grandaughters especially Bella. The time Josh and Tiff spend interacting with their children in positive ways is very admirable. I wish I had spent more time playing with my children. Each night I did go to their rooms one at a time ( They each had a room of their own.) , read a story of their choice to them, and talk to them. During the day, I was usually busy with house work, church work, or laying down because I was so tired. My parents never told me that they loved me out right. I knew that they loved me because of all the things they did for me, but I would have liked to have them tell me. It wasn't as commom to tell your children that you loved them in my parent's generation. I made a real effort to tell my children that I loved them and give them hugs and kisses. It is much more common to hear parents and children telling each other that they love each other. Bella has even told me that she loves me this visit. It is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment