I had a fabulous time at Tiffany and Josh’s home for Christmas. Tiffany and Josh were the perfect hostess and host. First of all Josh picked Ben and I up from the airport which was extremely nice. It was great to not have to ride the Lafayette Limo. We would have arrived at their home much later if we would have ridden the Limo. Tiffany let my granddaughters stay up until we arrived which was very thoughtful especially because it was Christmas Eve the night we (Ben and I) arrived (Kimberly came Fri. Dec 19th). After the girls were in bed, my children and I watched “Joy to The World” (a video put out by the Church about the birth of Christ).
Christmas Day it was great fun to have the children open presents and enjoy them so much. After presents were opened, Tiffany cooked breakfast and hardly stopped cooking all day. Christmas dinner was marvelous. Everything was absolutely delicious. She did the cooking for all of us all week which was fine with me. I tried to keep up with the dishes. Mostly I succeeded.
I guess this Christmas was mostly about my granddaughters. In retrospect I didn’t spent much time with my children. Next year I will have to spend more time with my children rather than focusing so much on the granddaughters. My children played with the grandchildren at lot also. Bella really liked it when Ben would throw her up in the air.
I would play with my grand-daughters as much as they would let me. Isabella and I play memory match with eight cards (Dora cards no less). The top row had four cards as well as the bottom row. Although I helped her some she did quit a bit by herself. She had favorite cards that she wanted to use with in the deck. We also made a cloud picture together. Bella wanted me to come to the front window to see the clouds. That inspired me to ask her if she wanted to make a cloud picture. I asked tiffany to get a light blue piece of paper while I got some cotton balls. Tiffany got out Bella’s craft box. It was impressive to me that Tiffany had a craft box for her daughter. Bella put glue down on the paper while I stretched the cotton balls to look like clouds. Those are the only times I really spent one on one with Bella. Next time I am going to try to spend more one on one time with her. Cambria took a while to warm up to me. Actually she never did warm up to me all the way. Occasionally she would sit in my lap and let me read to her for a few seconds. The only way she would let me hold her is if I grabbed her from behind. When I held her like that it was only a few seconds before she would squeal until I put her down or gave her to her mother. While I was holding her, I did kiss the nape of her neck. My sister Sherry’s friend says that the nape of a baby’s neck is the softest place on his/her body. After kissing Cambria there, I tend to agree. In the morning when I was still laying down on the couch (my bed) or any time I was laying down on the couch, Cambria would run over by my head so I could play Peek-A-Boo with her. She is really a mommy’s girl, while Isabella tends to be a daddy’s girl.
All in all I had a fabulous, marvelous, stupendous time at Josh and Tiffany’s home for Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment